DIRECTOR OF SALES
KYMA-DT, the CBS and NBC affiliates in Yuma, AZ DMA, under Cox Media Group, has an opening for an aggressive, knowledgeable, creative and goal-oriented Director of Sales. This opportunity is ideal for someone with a successful broadcast sales management background who wants to put his/her skill set to work running a successful television sales operation with creativity and hard work.
Ideal candidates will be aggressive, knowledgeable, and goal-oriented individuals who are also capable of driving revenue, building winning teams, and are capable of handling multiple tasks. Strong decision-making, organization, communications, and time management skills are a must. Proven track record of leadership and successful experiences in a competitive television environment required. Sales management experience required.
· Proven revenue generator.
· Proven ability to identify and acquire talent.
· Proven ability to structure sales staff to maximize strengths.
· Ability to coach sales staff.
· In depth knowledge of traffic systems to include OSi and Wide Orbit
· Ability to effectively price and control inventory.
· Analytical ability to utilize market analysis, ratings research, and other information to enhance sales efforts.
· Knowledge of and ability to follow broadcast policies, regulations and ethics.
· Knowledge and ability to follow FCC rules and broadcast regulations.
· Ability to forecast and budget as well as maintain budget throughout the year.
· Ability to manage personnel effectively.
· Ability to develop and successfully execute strategic plans.
· Proven team leader with the ability to motivate, train, and deliver results.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Capable of handling multiple tasks.
· Proven ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other computer applications.
· Reliable, self-motivated, positive, high energy individual.
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferred, but not required. A minimum of 2 years sales management experience required with previous GSM/DOS experience preferred.
· Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and good driving record.
What we look for
Job Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
· Revenue growth in both broadcast and digital.
· Responsible for the day-to-day management of station sales personnel and able to hold personnel accountable to daily job requirements.
· Identify and acquire quality sales personnel.
· Train, coach, debrief and develop sales staff members.
· Able to effectively strategize, build, and execute operation plans.
· Responsible for building and maintaining sales budgets.
· Responsible for building and achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals for sales staff.
· Highly visible to current and potential advertisers and the community.
· Responsible for maintaining a sales list.
· Responsible for ensuring superior relations with staff, clients, and others in the community.
· Responsible for following all regulations to protect the station licensing.
· Ability to work well with our partners in the DMA.
If you wish to work for a company that rewards excellence and you are a motivated, goal-oriented self-starter, please contact Becky Swan, Regional Vice President, at email@example.com. No Phone Calls Please.
KYMA-DT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.