Storylines, events to watch, start times, TV networks, live streams links
DESERT SOUTHWEST (KYMA, KECY/NBC Sports) - NBC Olympics will be providing a rundown of the top athletes and biggest events to watch.
PRIMETIME (8 PM)
- BEACH VOLLEYBALL - At 5 PM, Jake Gibb and Tri Bourne go up against Adrian Heidrich and Mirco Gerson of Switzerland in their second preliminary match.
- SWIMMING - With finals at 6:30 PM, Katie Ledecky faces Australia's Ariarne Titmus in the 200m freestyle final. Ledecky will also hop back in the water for a first-ever women's 1500m Olympic final. Swimming heats are scheduled for 3 AM.
- MEN'S VOLLEYBALL - At 7 PM, Team U.S.A. and Team Tunisia compete to see who's the best.
- MEN'S RUGBY - With semifinals at 7 PM, New Zealand, Great Britain, Argentina and Fiji are left remaining. Unfortunately, the U.S. men's team were eliminated in the quarterfinals. Medal matches are scheduled for 1:30 AM.
- ROAD CYCLING - At 7:30 PM, Chloe Dygert competes in the women's time trial. Coached by Lance Armstrong, Dygert recently won the world title in 2019, becoming the youngest cyclist (male or female) to do so.
- MEN'S BASKETBALL - At 9:40 PM, the U.S. men have a rematch against Iran which may provide them with a bounce-back opportunity. Jrue Holiday is currently the team's frontrunner.
- WOMEN'S WATER POLO - At 10 PM, Maggie Steffens and Stephania Haralabidis are currently leading the team in scoring with six goals apiece as they head into a matchup with Hungary.
- DIVING - At 11 PM, Andrew Capobianco makes his Olympic debut in the men's synchronized springboard final. Michael Hixon, who earned a silver medal alongside Daniel Goodellow in Rio 2016, is paired with Capobianco this year. Hixon has a new partner: reigning Olympic champion Jack Laugher.
- BASKETBALL 3X3 - At 1 AM, the U.S. women face France in the semifinals. They'll then compete in the Bronze and Gold Medal Games at 3:45 AM.
- MEN'S GYMNASTICS - At 3:15 AM, the U.S. men look to make a rebound in the individual all-around after finishing fifth on Monday. Olympian Sam Mikulak and Brody Malone are the only two Americans competing in the event.