Skip to Content
News
Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00

Firefighters urge caution after fireworks spark apartment fire

apartment
Rural Metro

YUMA, Ariz. (KYMA, KSWT, KECY)- A vacant apartment partially collapsed after fireworks sparked the fire in the vicinity of Palm Avenue on Christmas Day.

Rural Metro said the fire was quickly extinguished with help from the Yuma Fire Department.

Later that day, Rural Metro Fire crews returned to the scene after the partially collapsed building damaged the residential gas meter.

No injuries were reported.

Rural Metro wants to remind everyone this holiday season to make sure you take safety precautions when using fireworks.

Sumiko Keil

Sumiko Keil has served as the Digital Content Producer since March 2019.

Brandon Mejia

Brandon Mejia joins the news team as the evening anchor for KSWT. You can catch him weeknight at 6 and 10 p.m.

Comments

Leave a Reply