YUMA, Ariz. (KYMA, KECY) - The United States Postal Service (USPS) highlighted several advancements in personnel, technology, and the postal network footprint in time for the 2022 holiday season.
In a press release, preparations began in January to capitalize on the successful 2021 holiday season and build on the investments and organizational strategy improvements.
Furthermore, these proactive measures are part of Delivering for America, the postal service's ten-year plan.
“Successfully delivering for the holidays is a cornerstone of our Delivering for America 10-year plan,” said Postmaster General Louis DeJoy.
“Thanks to the 655,000 women and men of the Postal Service, recent investments and operational precision improvements, we are ready to be the most used delivery provider this holiday season.”
What's more, the 2022 Peak Holiday Season Preparations includes:
- 100,000 Part Time Employees Converted To Full Time Career Positions Since January 2021 (41,000 Part Time Employees Converted Since January 2022).
- Hiring Additional 28,000 Peak Season Employees; Aggressive Hiring Efforts Continue.
- 60 Million Packages Processed Each Day.
- 249 New Package Processing Machines Deployed Across the Nation Since January 2021 (137 Installed this Year).
- 8.5 Million Square Feet Added Across 52 Annexes and Facilities.
- 222,682 Fleet Vehicles Ready to Deliver the Holidays.
- New Technology to Expedite Processing and Delivery.
While service across all mail categories is strong and steady, it'll take two days for a package to be delivered.