Open to CHS Class of 2021 graduates, current IVC students
CALEXICO, Calif. (KYMA, KECY) - Five Imperial Valley College (IVC) students and 15 recently graduated seniors from Calexico High School (CHS) are set to earn $1,000 scholarships each through Heffernan Memorial Health District.
The goal is to ease financial burdens for IVC and CHS students whom intend on pursuing a course of study at either an institute, college or university in a healthcare related field of study (i.e., Pre-Medicine, Nursing, Radiology Technician, Respiratory Certified Practitioner, Public Health, Physical Therapy).
- Applicant must be a resident of Calexico.
- Applicant must be a CHS graduating senior or enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution in the year of the scholarship award. Applicant may also be a student currently enrolled in IVC in an approved field of study.
- Applicant must have a GPA equal to or greater than 3.0.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a Healthcare Related Field of Study.
Please submit the completed application to Heffernan Memorial Healthcare District's office located at 601 Heber Ave. Deadline for the application is Monday, May 31, by 2:00 p.m.
- Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly).
- Letter of application addressed to the Heffernan Memorial Healthcare District Scholarship Committee. The letter should contain a brief explanation of career goals and biographical (background) information.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from choice of high school teachers, administrators, counselors, employers or individual with significant knowledge of applicant’s experience and involvement
- An official and recent high school transcript with cumulative grade point average and a class standing/rank.
- Personal Essay. In your essay, please answer the question of, “Why have you chosen a career in the healthcare field?” Please limit your essay to 500 words.
Applications delivered after the deadline will not be considered. For more information, please contact the Heffernan Memorial Healthcare District office at (760) 357-6522 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.