Flames possibly started from a lit candle
SOMERTON, Ariz. (KYMA, KECY) - On November 23, the Somerton Cocopah Fire Department responded to a call about a trailer fire at 1054 N. Somerton Avenue.
Their arrival sometime after 5:14 a.m. had them find a recreational vehicle in flames.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames and prevent the fire from spreading to another nearby mobile home.
Reports state that the individual from the trailer had lit a candle before going to bed and woke up to the fire.
The single occupant was able to escape the fire with no harm and no other injuries were reported.