Your guide to the Desert's Christmas events
YUMA, Ariz. (KYMA, KSWT, KECY) - It's officially December, which means the Christmas festivities are about to be in full swing.
Here's a rundown of the upcoming holiday events, so be sure to mark your calendars!
Friday, December 6
- NAF El Centro Holiday Light Parade
- The Naval Air Force Facility in El Centro is kicking of the Holidays with a parade of lights. The event is open to all and is free to attend. Arrive by 6:30 p.m. to get a good spot! Join the fun at 1605 Third Street, at the facility in El Centro.
- El Centro Christmas tree Lighting & Street Fair
- From 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Main Street in El Centro will be closed for it's annual street fair. Santa has been invited to attend, so mark your calendars for this free event featuring live performances.
Saturday, December 7
- Christmas Lighting on Main Street
- The Heritage Festivals' Christmas lighting has become a holiday tradition for Yuma families. Join the crowds for this free, all-ages event from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Historic Main Street!
Wednesday, December 11
- Christmas Tree Lighting at YPG
- For those living at or near the Yuma Proving Grounds, don't miss the annual Christmas tree Lighting held at Cox Field, from 6:15 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Attendees may even get a special visit from Santa himself.
- "Sounds of the Season" by the Southwest Chamber Orchestra
- One of the areas most prestigious classical groups invites the public for an evening of your favorite holiday tunes. Pre-concert entertainment begins at 6 p.m, and the concert begins at 7p.m. Tickets are $5.00 online or $7.00 at the door. Come to the Jimmie Cannon Theater in El Centro.
Thursday, December 12
- Holiday of Lights Parade in San Luis
- Gather your loved ones to watch the city of San Luis' annual evening parade. Floats will be lit in festive lights, sure to dazzle the eyes of those who attend. Join the fun at the Cesar Chavez Boulevard from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday, December 13
- It's a Christmas Ball!
- The City of Yuma presents an evening of fun where christmas comes to life with decorations, food, dessert and dance. This 18 and older event is semi formal, with tickets available for purchase online. Got your tickets? Head to the Yuma Civic Center for the event starting at 6 p.m.
Saturday, December 14
- 17th Annual Dorothy Young Memorial Electric Light Parade
- Each year the Electric Light Parade lights up the winter night. This year the event's theme is "Light up Yuma with the Arts," focusing on Yuma's growing arts community. Join the crowds at Historic downtown yuma, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Reindeer Roundup 10k/5k Fun Run and Walk
- The Yuma Parks and Recreation department is hosting a fun event that'll keep you active during the cold season. The event meets at the Yuma West Wetlands Park, starting at 8:15 a.m. Up for it? Don't forget to register online!
Friday, December 20
- Somerton Light Parade
- The City of Somerton invites the public to their 10th annual Light Parade. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. but make sure to get there earlier for a good spot! This evening event is sure to feature lights to inspire every mind.
Saturday, December 20
- "Spirit of Christmas" concert by the Yuma Orchestra Association
- "Experience it Live" with a festive selection of Christmas music played by Yuma's own Civic Orchestra. This concert is an annual favorite, so prepare your ears for the gift of music. Tickets are selling out quick, so get them here. The concert begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Historic Yuma Theater.
Don't see your event? Send us a message at email@example.com to let us know!