YUMA, Ariz. (KYMA, KECY) - The Yuma Regional Medical Center (YRMC) announced that they have updated visitation guidelines.
Beginning on Monday, September 12, visiting hours will expand from 10:00am to 6:00pm to 8:00am to 8:00pm.
In addition, the minimum age will decrease from 16 to 13 years of age.
While visitor restrictions help protect the health needs of patients, staff and community members, they are adjusted to best fit the current situation.
Furthermore, visitors will be screened for symptoms associated with COVID-19. If you're not feeling well, YRMC asks that you should not visit.
As a reminder, masks are still required when entering YRMC as well as its other facilities and are asking the public to keep the hospital and clinics safe.
Patients hospitalized in YRMC's main bed tower may have two visitors at a time during visiting hours.
However, patients at YRMC's outpatient clinics and facilities may bring one companion per visit.
Current visitation policies include:
- Emergency Department: Two companions at a time – all hours
- Surgery: One companion for duration of visit
- Cancer Center: One companion during clinic visits
- Labor and Delivery: Two companions at a time – all hours
- NICU/Pediatrics: Two parents or legal guardians – all hours