Family left homeless after house fire

HOUSE FIRE OTS

EL CENTRO, Calif. – An elderly couple and their four grandkids are homeless after their house caught on fire, now they say they are left with nothing.

The family’s home, on Maple Street, burst into flames Thursday around 3 p.m. According to the couple the fire started when their air conditioning unit had an electrical malfunction. The woman says she was in the kitchen when her 3-year-old grandchild told her the house was burning. The grandmother, Maria De Solano, says they both quickly ran out of their home and began knocking on neighbor’s doors asking for help. It was one of her neighbors that called 9-1-1.

“It’s a very sad thing to be left homeless with nothing, but that doesn’t matter, what matters to me right now are for the children to have a place to stay so that they can continue going to school”, said De Solano.

The family of six, made up of three boys and one girl, along with the couple were temporarily placed in a hotel by the American Red Cross and are currently looking for a home to rent. If you would like to help this family you can contact Jaime Franco at (760)-879-2983.

About The Author

Related posts